Search

Reported Speech

REPORTED SPEECH

A long time ago…..


1. John asked Mary: “Did you have a nice time last Sunday?”



 2. James askedSamuel: “Samuel, do you know my sister Sarah?”



3. Mr Smith asked his daughters: “Where has Tom gone?”



4. I asked Paul and Mary: “ what time did your parents leave yesterday?”



5. The stranger asked me: “Is there a bank near here?”



6. Mr Pocket asked you “ Do you have to pay the taxes?”



7. The teacher asked Ann’s brother: “Has Ann received my letter?”



8. My mother asked me: “When did you get home last night?”



9. I told  my best friend: “ I have to go to this supermarket today”



10. I asked Sally: “ Sally, can you tell me the truth now?”



11. I told  my family . “ I want to travel to Paris next summer but I can’t because I haven’t enough  money”

13.  Samuel told James: “ I am sorry James, but I can’t help you today ”


14. Sally and Ann  told James “James, our sister has bought a new flat in the city   centre”


15.  Sarah said “My family flew from Barcelona to Menorca  last month”


16. The doctor said: “Stop smoking!”



17. The doctor told her patient: “Don’t eat so much sugar! “



18. Samuel told his mum: “ Jane was my best friend last year”



19.Sally told her classmate: “I have to speak to Peter now”



20. Sally’s father told Sally: “Sally,  today it’s the best day of my life”



21. The writer said to me “ I wrote my last novel last year”



22. My husband said to me “ I forgot this car key inside the car two days ago”



23. Sarah said to her mother “ My best friends have lunch at half past twelve”



24.  The writer told James: “ James, I will  phone my editor today”



25. I told John: “ I don’t want to meet you again”



26.  I told you: “I would like to visit Rome”